- Just add colour
- Nothing refreshes your rooms as quickly as the newest hot colour combinations.
In a living room try adding throw pillows in the new colour combinations
of tea green and burgundy, sky blue and chocolate brown or yellow and
- Bring zen to your coffee table
- Buy one of the new large square ceramic dishes in a modern colour
like banana or pewter grey. Place it in the centre of your coffee table
and use it for potpourri or as a holder for four square pillar candles.
Or just use it as a place to organize matches, a television remote control
and other coffee table esstentials.
- Make your storage chic
- Ebony coloured rattan baskets, plexi-glass boxes, frosted plastic
boxes or blonde-wood crates in multiples on a bookcase or a kitchen
shelf are a stylish way to store almost anything.
- Dress your bed for the season
- Find a fabric you love or a freshly patterned sheet, and change your
duvet cover and place two patterned pillow cases in a matching print
in front of your plain coloured pillows. This will give your bed new
- Perk up your windows
- By simply adding either natural match-stick blinds, patterned roman
shades or painted wooden shutters inside of your windows, you can give
a room an entirely new feel. Let your old drapes sit as side panels
so they continue to pull the room together with their pattern colour
- Liven up your lamp-shades
- Toss out traditional silk shades and replace them with newer parchment
paper shades, or even new silk shades in a clean square or rectangular
- Tinker with your tabletop
- Try setting your table with a different combination by using your
old dishes as a foundation. Introduce colourful new dessert plates,
coloured chopsticks, and new table linens in delicious seasonal colours.
- Freshen up your bathroom
- By replacing tired art with chic black and white photography with
crisp white matting and thin black frames you can easily give a dated
bathroom a modern look. Also, merely changing your towels to a new neutral
like sable, pewter or burnt orange can make a world of difference.
- Update your kitchen
- Change your faucet to a new brushed chrome goose-neck and change the
hardware on your cupboards to match. Maybe its time for a sleek new
kettle, toaster or coffee maker and don't forget new tea towels on display.
- Clear away clutter
- Clean out your home office and your closets. Eliminate, organize and
edit down to only what you really need. Invest in small details like
new hangers, storage baskets, a container for pens and a new desk lamp.
You'll feel much better and much more stylish
The data included on this website is deemed to be reliable, but is not guaranteed to be accurate by the Calgary Real Estate Board. The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. Used under license.